Treating people right has been, and always will be, our central focus at Plants & Goodwin. It’s how we go beyond our competition to deliver high-quality rapid, turnkey solutions for onshore natural gas exploration and production.
If you’re new to Plants & Goodwin, read on to get to know us, our values and what we stand for.
Upholding a culture of excellence, safety, trust and loyalty
Most family-run businesses have a few generations in the industry, and Plants & Goodwin is no exception. Our family business has been leading the way since Paul Plants and George Goodwin founded P&G in 1970. For more than 50 years, we have built a reputation as the premier provider of oil and gas services in the Northeast.
The success of our partnerships comes from the qualities our company embodies and the values we live every day.
A BALANCE OF TRADITION & TRANSFORMATION
The team at Plants & Goodwin has a deep knowledge of the industry, gained through decades of economic highs and lows. Our long-term outlook, tempered by experience, lets us react to new opportunities even as we continue to embrace tradition.
Family businesses that offer oil and gas services have an advantage. We can draw on our institutional memory—our leadership has seen with their own eyes what has worked and what has not. But we don’t stagnate; the younger generation is tech fluent, allowing us to incorporate emerging tools and trends into our practices.
A DUTY TO PREPARE THE NEXT GENERATION
As a family-run business, we know how important it is to focus on stewardship, handing the company over to the next generation in better shape than when we began. Here’s a case of this strategy in action.
We guide young rig and cement hands through a meticulous, hands-on training program. Every P&G “short service employee” gets a mentor who observes their work for six months. Once a month, a one-on-one progress review with senior management ensures that training is on track. This program helps workers learn our best practices to support our clients with the safest and most technically proficient crews in the industry. It also allows our senior management to continue to refine our processes to make us more productive without compromising safety.
Responding quickly and being ready to act
Changes happen fast in the exploration industry. Often, time is of the essence when it comes to workovers, cementing, and plug and abandonment services.
In the very near future, oil and gas service companies will find their talents in need more than ever, thanks to federal policies addressing methane reductions. The Biden administration identified methane from abandoned wells as a key focus for meeting its promise to cut U.S. emissions by 50% by the end of the decade.
“The United States will update standards and invest in plugging leaks from wells and mines and across the natural gas distribution infrastructure,” said a government statement to the United Nations. President Biden further remarked, “I see workers capping hundreds of thousands of abandoned oil and gas wells that need to be cleaned up, putting a stop to the methane leaks and protecting the health of our communities.”
Following a very challenging 2020, these initiatives have driven an upswing in demand for well services, which has the whole industry busy. The downside to all the work is reduced availability. Many qualified providers are stretched thin; they need weeks or months of notice before they get to the worksite.
We are ready to act.
At Plants & Goodwin, we own all of our cementing equipment and transportation and construction assets. That means our turnkey services are there for you, ready to take action as opportunities arise.
We provide vertically integrated solutions for several major field services:
- Plug & Abandonment. We provide turnkey plug and abandonment services to quickly and safely decommission abandoned wells. By maintaining ownership of key assets, we keep costs low while overseeing projects from start to finish.
- Completions & Well Services. We have API-certified workover rigs with derrick heights ranging from 96’ to 112’ for BOP size and configuration flexibility. Our hook load capacities reach up to 300,000 lbs.
- Cementing & Pressure Pumping. P&G can provide twin cement pumps, batch mixers, and other fluid pumps ranging from 600hp to 1,250hp. We can reliably deliver a range of equipment, from skid-mounted units for remote access to double RCM units for cementing long casing strings.
Building partnerships with all our stakeholders
Providing oil and gas well services is a job that depends on good relationships. From coordinating vendors to interacting with landowners, Plants & Goodwin has a reputation for personable, communicative partnerships.
- Expressing appreciation is a basic attitude that has endless benefits. We treat people right, and we’re just a call away at any moment.
- Clear communication helps our operations run smoothly. We’re not afraid to ask questions, and you shouldn’t hold back any you have for us. That’s how we make sure we both understand every detail.